Conflict of Interest Tools for Proposals and Awards
THIS WEBPAGE IS UPDATED REGULARLY. PLEASE CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY.
The revised Public Health Service (PHS) regulations go into effect on August 24, 2012. These regulations establish new standards designed to increase accountability, add transparency, and enhance regulatory compliance and effective Institutional management of Investigators' financial conflicts of interest. The primary goal is to promote objectivity in research by establishing standards that provide a resonable expectation that the design, conduct and reporting of research will be free from bias resulting from Investigator financial conflicts of interest. The purpose of this website is to provide administrative information and guidance on PHS regulations (and those sponsors adopting PHS regulations) and NSF COI policy related to the submission of proposals and Award management.
Yale Resources and Contacts
- Yale University Conflict of Interest Office
- Monitoring Subrecipient Activity Associated with Sponsored - Procedure 1307 PR.01
- PHS Agencies and Non-PHS Sponsors Requiring Compliance with PHS FCOI regulations
- Disclosure form for Yale investigators. Available at: External Interest Disclosure Form Login. Please select “External Interests” in the upper left hand column and click “Update”.
Yale’s online Conflict of Interest disclosure form
Checklists & Tools
- As an investigator on a PHS award, what is the impact of PHS regulations on you?
- Conflict of Interest and Subrecipients: What you need to know and why
- Anticipating a new PHS Award or a Non-competing Continuation (Installment) -Available Soon
- Letter to Yale Subrecipients under active PHS funded awards (6/20/2012)
- Administrator Guidance: PHS COI Proposal Steps
Forms and Model Policy
- 1304 FR.03A Subrecipient Information and Compliance Form
- UPDATED-1/28/13 Model Financial Conflict of Interest Policy
- UPDATED-1/28/13Model Financial Interest Disclosure Form
- NIH FCOI FAQs
- NIH Financial Conflict of Interest Information
- FDP Clearinghouse of PHS FCOI Compliant Institutions
- National Science Foundation Policy
- 2012 G&CAlert! Volume 3, Issue 1 - Summary of Changes to PHS Conflict of Interest Requirements (8/14/2012)
- Memorandum from Jill Pagliuca and Mike Glasgow regarding PHS-Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form (8/13/2012)
- Memorandum from the Provost (5/25/2012)
- COI Informational Session (presenters Jill D. Pagliuca and Mike Glasgow)
PHS COI (Objectivity in Research) Regulation Informational Sessions
Yale School of Medicine
- August 2, 2012, August 6, 2012, August 20, 2012
- August 13, 2012
Register in TMS (http://www.yale.edu/training)
- Grant and Contract Training | GCA and GCFA Training | PHS COI (Objectivity in Research) Informational Sessions