Important Notices & Updates - IRES Proposal Development (PD)
- Important Update from NIH: Proposal Submissions during the Lapse of Federal Government Funding (Volume 4, Issue 3) - Week of September 30 - October 4, 2013
- FORMS-C Major Changes (Volume 4, Issue 2) - Week of September 30 - October 4, 2013
- Proposal Development FORMS-C Implementation - September 5, 2013
Per notice NOT-OD-13-074, the NIH is transitioning to FORMS-C packages for all due dates on or after September 25, 2013. IRES Proposal Development (PD) has been updated to support FORMS-C. The appropriate PD Quick Guides will be updated to reflect any changes due to the implementation of the FORMS-C package. Attached to this communication is a file that highlights the major changes to PD due to the FORMS-C implementation (Attachment 1); a Quick Guide designed to give detailed instructions on how to change a PD record started with FORMS-B2 to the new FORMS-C (Attachment 2); and an attachment outlining three minor software issues that were discovered during testing and solutions (temporary workarounds) for each of them (Attachment 3).
- Applications with due dates before 9/25/13: Where available, FORMS-B2 should be used for due dates up to and including September 24, 2013.
- Applications due on or after 9/25/13 that were begun using FORMS-B2: Applications that were started using FORMS-B2 can be updated to FORMS-C. The information and attachments previously entered should not be lost with the exception of those tabs that have been changed in FORMS-C. For a review of how to update an application from FORMS-B2 to FORMS-C, please see Attachment 2.
- Starting a new application due on or after 9/25/13: With the exception of K, T, D, F and SBIR/STTR applications, the use of FORMS-C will be required for all due dates on or after September 25, 2013. When starting a new PD record, please be sure to choose the FORMS-C package during the setup process and complete the record as usual. For a review of the changes made in the FORMS-C package, please see Attachment 1 outlining FORMS-C Major Changes.
If you have any questions or need assistance, don’t hesitate to contact your GCA Proposal Reviewer.
- NIH is Transitioning to FORMS-C Electronic Applications Packages (Volume 3, Issue 1) - Week of July 22 - 26, 2013
- Changes Made to Form 1304 FR.03 (TranSum) and PD Regulatory Form (Volume, 2, Issue 2) - Week of May 20 - 24, 2013