Scroll to the bottom of the page for upcoming event information & registration.
Yale LGBTQ Affinity Group
The Yale LGBTQ Affinity Group was created in 2008 to foster a more welcoming and respectful campus community for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer individuals and their allies with a primary focus on retention and edification of Yale employees. The group is open to all Yale staff, faculty, and postdocs, representing a diverse range of departments and interests at Yale.
Our goals are to:
- Create a personal and professional network for all LGBTQ Yale employees;
- Initiate and support diversity at Yale, including recruitment, outreach, retention, and diversity education on LGBTQ issues;
- Develop and sustain linkages with the New Haven and state LGBTQ community;
- Research and advocate for improvements to policies that affect LGBTQ Yale employees.
Subscribe to our email list.
Benefits Frequently Asked Questions
Steering Committee Meeting
Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Time: noon–1:15 pm
Place: WLH 309, 100 Wall St.
Below is a list of Yale and local non-Yale LGBTQ e-mail lists and web sites that may interest members of the LGBTQ Affinity Group. This list is for informational purposes only and in no way signifies endorsement of any organization or event by the LGBTQ Affinity Group or Yale University.
- Yale's LGBT Coop (a student group): e-mail email@example.com to be added
- Yale's LGBT Studies Program: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with "Announcement list" in the subject to be added
- Yale Office of LGBTQ Resources:
Outreach, education, and advocacy for students, staff and faculty at lgbtq.yale.edu
- Yale's Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program: e-mail email@example.com to be added
- Campus Pride
- Campus Pride Index for LGBT-Friendly Colleges and Universities
- Connecticut Lesbian & Bi Professionals' Soirees
- Connecticut Trans Advocacy Coalition
- GLSEN Connecticut
- Guerrilla Queer Bar New Haven
- Office of New Haven and State Affairs
- New Haven Mix N Mingle
- New Haven Pride Center E-mail List
- New Haven Pride Center Events Calendar (E-mail the Pride Center to add your event)
- True Colors
- UConn Rainbow Center e-mail list
For more information, contact the Diversity and Inclusion office at 203-432-9667.