Patent 101 Seminar
The Office of Cooperative Research annually hosts this seminar in the fall. This seminar will discuss patent law basics, including strategies for avoiding common pitfalls that can jeopardize your intellectual property rights. This seminar is intended for any faculty member, researcher or student interested in learning more about how patenting and licensing relate to scientific innovation.
- Requirements for patentability
- What constitutes a public disclosure
- Inventorship vs. authorship
- Keeping a laboratory notebook
- Evaluating Prior Art
- Communications that can affect patentability
- Federally funded inventions
- Licensing and Commercialization
To be added to the OCR Events email list, please click here.
Click here to view pictures from the Patent 101 Seminar held at TAC on October 1, 2008