Construction is completed on the Pierpont House, the oldest surviving house in New Haven. The building stands on the site designated for a college by New Haven’s founders. Originally the family home of the grandson of one of Yale’s founders, the house was purchased by Yale in 1921 and converted to the Faculty Club. It was used as the Office of Undergraduate Admissions before becoming the Visitor Center in 1995. A thorough restoration was completed in 2002.