Yale Concert Band 2014-2015 Concert Schedule
Concerts are at 7:30 PM in Woolsey Hall and are free unless otherwise noted. Posters and press releases will be put up as they become available.
All concerts in Woolsey Hall are streamed LIVE on the web -- click here on concert night to tune in.
To listen to recordings of our recent concerts, click here.
• Friday, September 26, 2014-- Joint Concert with the U.S. Military Academy Band at West Point to Commemorate the Yale Bowl Centennial (1914)
The bands combine, as well as perform specialty numbers individually). Program includes Yale and Army fight songs, Stars and Stripes Forever, America the Beautiful, and tributes to all the branches of the U.S. military. The West Point Band is conducted by Lt. Col Jim Keene. 8:00 PM., Woolsey Hall. Free/general admsission (no tickets required). Doors open at 7:15 PM.
• Friday, October 10, 2014--Overtures and Icons: the Music of Gershwin, Holst, Wagner, and Shostakovich
Cuban Overture - George Gershwin, Second Suite in F - Gustav Holst, Ballade for Piano and Winds - Byron Adams (David Molina '15, piano), and music by Berlioz, Wagner, Shostakovich, and Orff.
• Saturday, October 11, 2014-- Yale Family Weekend Concert
With the Yale Glee Club, Jeffrey Douma, Music Director, and the Yale Symphony Orchestra, Toshiyuki Shimada, Music Director. (Though intended primarily for family members of Yale students, the public is invited and encouraged to attend!)
• Sunday, November 16, 2014 -- A Good Old-Fashi0ned Band Concert
Overture from Colas Breugnon - Dmitry Kabalevsky; Molly on the Shore - Percy Aldridge Grainger; Scenes from the Louvre - Norman Dello Joio; and Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, for which the public is invited to bring bells and participate . 2:00 PM.
• Friday, February 20, 2015 -- Winter Concert
Suite from Three Penny Opera -Kurt Weill; What We Do Is Secret - Lansing McLoskey (Yale School of Music brass quintet and band)
• Saturday, April 11, 2015 -- Spring Concert
Emblems - Aaron Copland; Corpus Callosum - Thomas C. Duffy; Serenade for Winds I - Antonin Dvorak, Miske - Ugnius Vaiginis, guest conductor
• Sunday, May 17, 2015 -- Twilight Concert
Annual rain-or-shine concert on the eve of Commencement. 7:00 PM, outside on the Old Campus. Free.
To add these dates to your calendar, click your preferred format:
Programming is subject to change.
For a rehearsal schedule, click here.